Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Women should be the strong ones?!@#!

The other night my man and I were laying in bed having those little late night talks about life, love and the pursuit of sanity. He told me about a guy on his job who's been married for about three years, has a kid and is always professing his love for his wife. Well, the other day the guy tells him that he went to a friends wedding in Jamaica (wife couldn't make it for some reason so he went alone) and swings an episode with one of the bridesmaids, who also happenend to be married and is a mother of 3. The guy was very remorseful about his actions but he could only describe it as "it was one of those things that just happened" -- I'm thinking how do you just happen to slide up into some ass but it's his story and he's sticking with it. He apparently feels even worse because he and this bridesmaid did everything that two hot heathens can possibly do to each other physically.

As my man is telling the story with all of the gory details, I'm thinking --- here we go, another disappointing story of a married man stepping out on his wife who has no clue that he went to Jamaica giving up her goods (I hope he used a condom). It especially bothered me because he'd told my man that he'd never cheated on her, never had any intention of cheating on her, she's a good wife, mom, he loves her with all of his heart, etc. but this "just happened."

As I was mulling this over in my mind, my man says something that focuses my attention back on him... "Damn, why did SHE have to do that? She has THREE kids. SHE'S married. " I ask him why he's so pissed at the woman when he doesn't know her from a hole in the wall and it's HIS co-worker/acquantaince who'd done wrong. Granted they were BOTH wrong but he doesn't know anything about this chick. He looks at me like I'm crazy and says "Well, the woman is supposed to be stronger than the man."

WHA?#@@!!?

So I ask him does this absolve the MAN of all wrong doing because they are the weaker sex? the sex with animalistic ways... the DOG? HELL NO! (of course, he say's NO it just hurts because women are usually the stronger ones... u see he's still saying the same bullshit, right?) anyways, that leads me to ask if he thinks all men cheat and he says no. I ask him specifically if he has faith in himself that he won't cheat on me now or when we get married and he says yes (very firmly, I might add).

Then he asks me if I have faith in him and I say 'yes' (somewhat firmly... he's given me no reason to believe otherwise.. he's proved himself to be a very good friend and man to me... but my faith has been continually shaken by all these stories of cheating men AND women. Both sexes should be strong and this strength should come from the mere thought of losing something so precious for a night of sinful passion - passion you should have w/ your mate and if ya lost it, you better figure out a way to find it - IN-HOUSE.

The other disturbing part (aside from my man's odd belief that the woman should have been stronger - glad he holds us in such high esteem but that doesn't mean we just swat the guy on the ass and say "bad dog" and forget about it) is that this guy had no problems with his wife and he still stepped out on her. That shit is scary! So you can be the perfect partner (and i know that's impossible but you can be pretty damn close) and still have your man falling into some stuff.... boggles the mind and hurts the heart.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger DJ Diva said...

Yes It can hit you like a piano in a cartoon...From out of nowhere...Hopefully both of those adulterers will keep to themselves...but if they both stepping out on their partners? They will do it again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home