Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Be still, and know that I am God - Psalms 46:10

I am constantly moving. Always in a state of frenzy. Always doing. Always running. Even when my body is still my mind is running a marathon. In the morning when I first open my eyes, I try to say a prayer thanking God for allowing me to see another day, asking him to bless all of the people who are a blessing in my life and all of those who I don't even know are a blesssing or are about to become a blessing. But for the life of me, I could be five seconds into prayer and already my mind is wandering.
"What am I going to wear today? I wonder what the weather is like? I have to finish that project by noon..." Oh, I'm sorry, God. I'm supposed to be praying. Lord, pls. allow me to be a blessing to someone today...If I don't get that report done by noon, I'm going to have to reschedule that meeting for tomorrow. But tomorrow I have to drive to the program upstate....I did it again. God, pls. don't let me get stressed out today. Pls. help me to remain calm when people are working my nerves..I am going to be so nervous when I have to speak at the Open House. I need to prepare a few remarks......

And this is every morning. I can't even be still when I am tangled in my sheets with the eye trash yet to be wiped away. My mind is racing.

I realize though that God wants me to focus. Two people in less than 1 week quoted that same scripture to me. One person told me that God told him to write it and not to send his reply to my email until he typed that in the message. And right in the middle of the message was just that.

I was speaking with someone yesterday and she was discussing something in her life but when she spoke, she said it as if she were speaking of me.

I get it God. Just not sure how to do it. I am so conditioned to do 10.5 things at once. Pls. help me to learn to give you the attention and the time that you deserve. Maybe when I do this, I'll really know and understand what it is that you want me to do instead of me constantly running around in a tizzy trying to figure it out.

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger DJ Diva said...

I know it gets hard...but I find that in my head I talk to Jesus all day...little things like what do you think about this Lord...or maybe I should do that...start having little conversations with him in your head...turn off the radio in the car and just talk out loud to him...most just thank him for what he's already done...he knows what you want...He just wants to know that you know he can do it...

yeesh my 2 cents...holla when u can

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger DJ Diva said...

well I guess u done gave up on blogging...

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger princessdominique said...

This is a great post. I think we all get messages like that that feel soooo personal.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger princessdominique said...

I often wonder where all the cool, "in touch" people like you were when I was in the Bronx.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home